Health, Safety and Environmental Policy Statement
Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) is at the very heart of our business at SOCAR Polymer LLC.
This policy statement demonstrates our commitment in protecting our employees, subcontractors, clients, visitors, and communities, as well as those who may be affected by our activities. All SOCAR Polymer employees have a duty to comply with the requirements of this Policy to achieve No Incident, No Accident and No Environmental Damage during our operations.
In order to achieve this, we are committed to:
- Comply to our national and international legal requirements and standards with all HSE and Process safety aspects.
- Protect of the health and safety of our employees, contractor and subcontractor personnel, visitors, and the public respectively.
- Protect of Environment by constant minimization of adverse environmental impacts.
- An ongoing improvement of our HSE Management System, overall performance and HSE culture
- Comply to our COW system, Permit and LOTO procedures
- Use appropriate process safety tools and techniques to support our safety management system.
- Use safety in design to eliminate hazards wherever possible.
- Ensure that our people understand process safety and their safety critical response
To meet these commitments, we will implement our current HSE Management system by continuously reviewing and developing existing procedures, policies, and requirements. We hold SOCAR Polymer Management accountable and responsible to ensure this Policy is implemented and monitored.
To fulfil this Policy, as a minimum, we will ensure the following HSE commitments have been demonstrated:
- Co-operation and compliance with national and international legal requirements with all HSE related matters
- Integrating HSE and Process Safety into all our business activities, identifying risks arising from all our activities and reducing risks to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Reducing pollution to the environment by complying to our Environmental Management Plan.
- Provide Internal and external necessary trainings, including COW-Permit system awareness trainings to ensure COW requirements such as Permit and LOTO procedure standards are met.
- Adhere to the principles of leading by example culture and to implement “To STOP” unsafe behaver and unsafe condition at any time and improve reporting culture.
- Timely plan and regularly carry out HSE observations, drills, inspections, and audits to assure satisfactory compliance and conformity with the requirements.
- Properly report, investigate, and record all types of incidents and share lessons learn to prevent re-occurrence.
- Arrange and participate at HSE meetings, TBTs and share audit findings, and daily observations to raise personnel hazard identification skills about personal and process hazards at workplace.
- Keep monitoring and inspecting all lifesaving, firefighting and safety critical equipment and making sure that all is maintained as per manufacture recommendation
As the General Director of SOCAR Polymer LLC, I shall ensure that this policy is communicated and implemented and regular monitored its effectiveness.
I, hereby declare that HSE is a very momentous for continuity and successfulness of our operations and we don’t compromise on HSE as part of our operation.
General Director of SOCAR Polymer